Information on population, income, poverty, food security, education, employment, farm indicators, and more.
The Consumer Price Index (CPI) for food is probably the most widely used indicator of changes in retail food prices. ERS regularly updates food price forecasts for the short-term period.
This page contains data on monthly average price values at the farm, wholesale, and retail stages for selected cuts of beef, pork, and broilers.
Distributed Monday-Friday to highlight charts of interest from our current and past research.
The basics on food, farming, and rural America, in a set of 70 charts and maps.
Explore interactive graphs, charts and maps.
View the diversity of challenges and opportunities across America's counties.
Create maps showing food access indicators by census tract using different measures and indicators of supermarket accessibility.
View factors that interact to influence food choice and diet quality across U.S. States and counties.
- Major Changes in Export Flows Over the Last Decade Show the U.S. Is Losing Market Share in Global Grain Trade
- Both At Home and Away, Americans Are Choosing More Lower Fat Foods Than They Did 35 Years Ago
- Small and Non-Traditional Food Retailers Largely Cost Competitive in the WIC Program
- Despite Elevated Loss Rate Since 2006, U.S. Honey Bee Colony Numbers Are Stable
- Innovation Can Make Rural Manufacturers More Resilient