Yearbook tables contain a time series of annual per capita supply and use data for fresh and processed vegetables and for dry pulse crops. Included are U.S. production, exports, imports, per capita utilization, and prices.
The Consumer Price Index (CPI) for food is probably the most widely used indicator of changes in retail food prices. ERS regularly updates food price forecasts for the short-term period.
Information on population, income, poverty, food security, education, employment, farm indicators, and more.
Distributed Monday-Friday to highlight charts of interest from our current and past research.
The basics on food, farming, and rural America, in a set of around 70 charts and maps.
Explore interactive graphs, charts and maps.
View the diversity of challenges and opportunities across America's counties.
Create maps showing food access indicators by census tract using different measures and indicators of supermarket accessibility.
View factors that interact to influence food choice and diet quality across U.S. States and counties.
- Less Than 1 Percent of Farm Estates Owed Federal Estate Taxes in 2020
- State Agricultural Trade Statistics by Country of Origin and Destination Now Available on USDA, Economic Research Service Website
- Incidence of Absent Landlords Has Little Effect on U.S. Agriculture Real Estate Values, Research Shows
- Economic Cost of Major Foodborne Illnesses Increased $2 Billion From 2013 to 2018
- Farm Sector Liquidity Forecast to Decline in 2021