Yearbook tables contain a time series of annual per capita supply and use data for fresh and processed vegetables and for dry pulse crops. Included are U.S. production, exports, imports, per capita utilization, and prices.
The Consumer Price Index (CPI) for food is probably the most widely used indicator of changes in retail food prices. ERS regularly updates food price forecasts for the short-term period.
Information on population, income, poverty, food security, education, employment, farm indicators, and more.
Distributed Monday-Friday to highlight charts of interest from our current and past research.
The basics on food, farming, and rural America, in a set of around 70 charts and maps.
Explore interactive graphs, charts and maps.
View the diversity of challenges and opportunities across America's counties.
Users can create maps showing food access indicators by census tract using different measures and indicators of supermarket accessibility, such as income, distance, and vehicle availability.
View factors that interact to influence food choice and diet quality across U.S. States and counties.
- Food Taxes Linked With Spending Habits of Lower Income Households
- USDA’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Contributed to Rural Economic Output, Jobs Following the Great Recession
- ERS Modeling Shows Most Farm Estates Would Have No Change in Capital Gains Tax Liability Under Proposed Changes
- Cracking Open China’s Wheat Import Quota
- Rural Counties Losing Share of Grocery Stores, Gaining Other Types of Food Retailers
Recent Outlook Reports
- COVID-19 Economic Implications for Agriculture, Food, and Rural America
- Rural America at a Glance: 2021 Edition
- 2018 Farm Bill
- Farm Sector Income & Finances
- Economic and Food Security Impacts of Agricultural Input Reduction Under the European Union Green Deal’s Farm to Fork and Biodiversity Strategies