Yearbook tables contain a time series of annual per capita supply and use data for fresh and processed vegetables and for dry pulse crops. Included are U.S. production, exports, imports, per capita utilization, and prices.
The Consumer Price Index (CPI) for food is probably the most widely used indicator of changes in retail food prices. ERS regularly updates food price forecasts for the short-term period.
Information on population, income, poverty, food security, education, employment, farm indicators, and more.
Distributed Monday-Friday to highlight charts of interest from our current and past research.
The basics on food, farming, and rural America, in a set of around 70 charts and maps.
Explore interactive graphs, charts and maps.
View the diversity of challenges and opportunities across America's counties.
Users can create maps showing food access indicators by census tract using different measures and indicators of supermarket accessibility, such as income, distance, and vehicle availability.
View factors that interact to influence food choice and diet quality across U.S. States and counties.
- USDA School Meals Support Food Security and Good Nutrition
- Feed and Livestock Sectors, Economic Growth, Key in Baseline Projections
- For the Second Time in 25 Years, Annual U.S. Food Spending Declined in 2020
- China’s Safety Requirements Pose Challenge for Food Exporters
- Economic Crises in Foreign Markets Reduce U.S. Agricultural Exports
Recent Outlook Reports
- Merits of an Aggregate Futures Price Forecasting Model for the All Wheat U.S. Season-Average Farm Price
- Vegetables and Pulses Outlook: April 2021
- Sugar and Sweeteners Outlook: April 2021
- Livestock, Dairy, and Poultry Outlook: April 2021
- Oil Crops Outlook: April 2021
- Cotton and Wool Outlook: April 2021
- Feed Outlook: April 2021
- COVID-19 Economic Implications for Agriculture, Food, and Rural America
- Rural America at a Glance: 2020 Edition
- 2018 Farm Bill
- Farm Sector Income & Finances
- Economic and Food Security Impacts of Agricultural Input Reduction Under the European Union Green Deal’s Farm to Fork and Biodiversity Strategies