Agricultural Productivity in the U.S.
This data product provides agricultural output, inputs, and total factor productivity indices for the aggregate farm sector for the period 1948 to 2021 (table 1), along with price and quantity indices for 10 outputs and 12 inputs (table 1a). It also contains estimates of output, inputs, and the growth and relative levels of productivity across U.S. States for 1960–2004 (tables 3–23). (Note that information previously available in table 2 is now included in the discussion on the Productivity Growth in U.S. Agriculture page.)
The next update to this data product—planned for the end of 2025—is expected to contain estimates for the U.S. aggregate accounts through 2023.
Note that the national data series has been revised (see Update and Revision History for details), and updates of the State-level statistics are suspended in light of the discontinuance of key source data series. The quality of the national statistics is preserved.
- National Tables
- CSV Format of National Data
- State-Level Tables, Relative Level Indices and Growth, 1960-2004-Outputs
- State-Level Tables, Relative Level Indices and Growth, 1960-2004-Inputs
- State-Level Tables, Relative Level Indices and Growth, 1960-2004-Total Factor Productivity
- State Ranking Tables
- State-Level Tables, Price Indices and Implicit Quantities of Farm Outputs and Inputs by State, 1960-2004