Information on population, income, poverty, food security, education, employment, farm indicators, and more.
The Consumer Price Index (CPI) for food is probably the most widely used indicator of changes in retail food prices. ERS regularly updates food price forecasts for the short-term period.
This page contains data on monthly average price values at the farm, wholesale, and retail stages for selected cuts of beef, pork, and broilers.
Distributed Monday-Friday to highlight charts of interest from our current and past research.
The basics on food, farming, and rural America, in a set of 70 charts and maps.
Explore interactive graphs, charts and maps.
View the diversity of challenges and opportunities across America's counties.
Create maps showing food access indicators by census tract using different measures and indicators of supermarket accessibility.
View factors that interact to influence food choice and diet quality across U.S. States and counties.
- Impacts of the Value-Added Producer Grant Program on Business Outcomes
- County-Level Data Show Changes in the Number and Concentration of Food Stores
- The Effect of Conservation Payments on Farmer Adoption Varies Across Conservation Practices
- The 2012-13 U.S. Drought Heightened Federal Disaster Assistance Payments for Livestock Producers
- Use of Nutrition Information and the Food Healthfulness Gap