Economic Information Bulletin No. (EIB-48) 25 pp
An Illustrated Guide to Research Findings from USDA's Economic Research Service
This book contains a sampling of recent ERS research illustrating the breadth of the Agency's research on current policy issues: from biofuels to food consumption to land conservation to patterns of trade for agricultural products.
Keywords: 2008 Farm Act, nutrition assistance programs, U.S. food security, agricultural productivity, land conservation, farm households, rural population, natural amenities, invasive species, biofuels, agricultural trade, organic agriculture, global food security
In this publication...
- Entire Report
- USDA's Farm Act Funds
- About 1 in 5 Americans Participates in at Least One of USDA's Nutrition Assistance Programs During The Year
- Who Has Trouble Putting Food on the Table?
- Higher Productivity Drives Growth in U.S. Agriculture
- Transforming "Working Lands" Conservation Budgets Into Environmental Gains
- U.S. Farms?Large and Small
- Racial and Ethnic Diversity is Increasing in Rural America
- Forestland a Big Draw for Rural Living
- Land Retirement
- Economics of Invasive Species in Agriculture
- Biofuels and Agriculture
- Anatomy of a Global Food Price Spike
- Developing Countries Emerge as Biggest Destination for U.S. Food Exports
- NAFTA Clears the Way for Agricultural Trade with Canada and Mexico
- U.S. Demand for Organic Products Goes Global
- Global Food Security: A Goal, A Challenge
- Where Does Your Food Dollar Go?
- The Amount Spent on Food Rises with Income...While The Proportion Falls...And Diet Composition Shifts, Particularly in Other Countries
- Regional Variation Nearly Double Inflation Rate for Food Prices
- Can Low-Income Americans Afford a Healthy Diet?
- Why Do So Few Americans Choose a Healthy Diet?
- America Eats More of Everything?And Too Much of Some Things
- Food Safety From Farm to Fork