Agricultural Information Bulletin No. (AIB-775) 64 pp
China's Food and Agriculture: Issues for the 21st Century
Assessment of issues that will affect China's future trends in consumption, production, import, and export of food and agricultural commodities. A series of 13 articles cover China's food consumption, marketing, international trade, agricultural policy, transportation infrastructure, regional diversity, livestock sector, biotechnology, water and irrigation policy, land tenure system, rural development, employment, and market information.
Keywords: China, food, agriculture, consumption, production, trade and agricultural policy, markets, projections, biotechnology, rural development, statistics, irrigation, land tenure, food marketing, retail, transportation, labor, employment, migration
In this publication...
- Entire Report
- Author Affiliations
- China at a Glance: A Statistical Overview of China?s Food and Agriculture
- How Will Rising Income Affect the Structure of Food Demand?
- A Maturing Retail Sector:Wider Channels for Food Imports?
- Rising Demand for Meat:Who Will Feed China?s Hogs?
- Regions in China:One Market or Many?
- Transportation and Distribution: Will Bottlenecks Be Eliminated?
- Will China?s Agricultural Trade Reflect Its Comparative Advantage?
- How Might China Protect Its Agricultural Sector?
- Is Biotechnology in China?s Future?
- Does China?s Land-Tenure System Discourage Structural Adjustment?
- Will Water Scarcity Affect Agricultural Production in China?
- Agricultural Labor: Where Are the Jobs?
- Can Rural Income Growth Accelerate?
- China?s Statistics: Are They Reliable?
- Appendix Tables