International Agriculture and Trade Outlook No. (WRS-0404) 97 pp
U.S.-EU Food and Agriculture Comparisons
This report provides information and analysis on a wide range of topics relating to agriculture in the United States and European Union (EU), including comparisons of farm structure, production, agricultural productivity, risk management, environmental, commodity policy, trade, and food consumption, as well as implications of EU enlargement for bilateral relations. The purpose is to provide information to a broad audience seeking to understand key similarities and differences between two of the world's largest agricultural producers and traders and to gain perspective on the issues affecting US-EU relations.
Keywords: Agriculture, European Union, EU, United States, Eastern Europe, farm structure, agricultural trade, agricultural policy, Common Agricultural Policy, commodity policy, environmental policy, food consumption, agricultural productivity
In this publication...
- U.S.-EU Food and Agriculture Comparisons
- Abstract, Acknowledgments, and Contents
- Summary and Map
- The United States and the European Union?Statistical Overview
- U.S. and EU Farm Policy?How Similar?
- Risk Management Tools in Europe: Agricultural Insurance, Futures, and Options
- A Comparison of U.S. and EU Agricultural Productivity With Implications for EU Enlargement
- U.S. and EU Consumption Comparisons
- Agriculture and the Environment In the United States and EU
- EU Enlargement: Implications for U.S.-EU Agricultural Relations
Select a decade or year to expand/collapse. Click on the link to view the report.