Note: Select calculations presented in Table 33 (wheat and flour price relationships in Minneapolis), including wholesale price of byproducts, total wholesale price, and total wholesale price less cost of wheat, have been updated as of May 2023. The calculated wholesale price of byproducts now reflects the price of Kansas City bran for January 2016–present and Minneapolis bran for earlier years.
Note: On April 3, 2023, a machine-readable zip file of the historical by-class quarterly wheat data file was added to the Wheat Data page. The ReadMe text file contains sources and further details about the data contained in the file.
This data product contains summary statistics on the five classes of wheat: Hard Red Winter, Hard Red Spring, Soft Red Winter, White, and Durum and rye. This product includes data published in the monthly Wheat Outlook and monthly updates to the Wheat Yearbook tables. Data are monthly, quarterly, and/or annually, depending upon the data series. Most data are shown as marketing years, others as calendar years. Also provided on this page are the Wheat By-Class Quarterly data, which are generally updated each quarter.
The following data series are included in this data product with some series going back to 1886. For further information on how these data are compiled see the Documentation page.
- U.S. and World Production, Supply, and Disappearance – World Agriculture Supply and Demand Estimates (WASDE) (Tables 1–12)
- Food use – WASDE; USDA-National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS) (Tables 13–16)
- Domestic and International Prices – USDA, Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS); International Grains Council; USDA, NASS (Tables 18–20)
- U.S. Export and Import Data – U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Census, Foreign Trade Statistics (Tables 21–27; 34–35)
- Flour Production and Prices – USDA, NASS; USDA, AMS; Milling and Baking News (Tables 28–33)
The Wheat Data Visualization lets users analyze trends in the domestic and international wheat markets using most of these data. The visualization provides a by-class domestic overview, domestic and international prices, by-class trade data, and an international balance sheet overview. The information is presented through various interactive visualizations including line, area, or bar graphs. A map shows United States’ wheat trade flows over time. The Wheat Data Visualization is updated monthly along with our Wheat Data tables.
|Data Set||Last Updated||Next Update|
|Wheat Data-All Years||5/15/2023||6/12/2023|
|Historical by-class quarterly data||5/15/2023|
|Historical By-Class Quarterly Machine Readable Data||5/15/2023|