Quarterly Food-at-Home Price Database
The Quarterly Food-at-Home Price Database (QFAHPD) provides food price data to support research on the economic determinants of food consumption, diet quality, and health outcomes. There are two versions of the database—please read the complete documentation before downloading the data.
Version 1 of the Quarterly Food-at-Home Price Database (QFAHPD-1) contains prices for 52 food groups based on both UPC-coded and random-weight food purchases. Quarterly prices are available for:
- 26 metropolitan markets for 1999-2006, and
- 9 nonmetropolitan areas for 2002-2006 and 4 nonmetropolitan areas for 1999-2001
Version 2 of the Quarterly Food-at-Home Price Database (QFAHPD-2) contains prices for 54 food groups based on only UPC-coded food purchases. Quarterly prices are available for:
- 26 metropolitan and 9 nonmetropolitan markets for 2004-2010.
- A redefined carbonated nonalcoholic beverage group, which now excludes diet versions of beverages.
- Two new food groups: 1) diet carbonated beverages, and 2) unsweetened coffee and tea. Dry weights for coffee and tea have been converted to liquid equivalents, assuming that 2 grams of dry tea leaves and 10 grams of dry coffee yield 180 ml of liquid beverage.
- Quarterly Food-at-Home Price Database-1 (QFAHPD-1)
- Quarterly Food-at-Home Price Database-2 (QFAHPD-2)
|Data Set||Last Updated||Next Update|
|Quarterly Food-at-Home Price Database-1 (QFAHPD-1)|
|QFAHPD-1--Fats, Beverages, and Prepared Foods||7/13/2012|
|QFAHPD-1--Fruits and Vegetables||7/13/2012|
|QFAHPD-1--Grains and Dairy||7/13/2012|
|QFAHPD-1--Meats, Nuts, and Eggs||7/13/2012|
|Quarterly Food-at-Home Price Database-2 (QFAHPD-2)|
|QFAHPD-2--Fats, Beverages, and Prepared Foods||7/13/2012|
|QFAHPD-2--Fruits and Vegetables||7/13/2012|
|QFAHPD-2--Grains and Dairy||7/13/2012|
|QFAHPD-2--Meats, Nuts, and Eggs||7/13/2012|