Agricultural Baseline Database
The agricultural baseline database provides a custom-query app to access the 10-year projections for the U.S. farm sector included in the annual baseline early-release tables released each November and in the more comprehensive annual USDA Agricultural Projections report published the following February. The app database provides the USDA projections made in the current year, and in previous years back to 2000, for major U.S. field crops (corn, sorghum, barley, oats, wheat, rice, soybeans, and upland cotton) and livestock (cattle, hogs, poultry and eggs, and dairy).
The Agricultural Baseline Projections Topic Page provides a listing of the main ERS baseline-related products, including the annual USDA Agricultural Projections report released in February. In addition to projections for major U.S. farm commodities, the report provides additional projections for U.S. farm income and U.S. agricultural trade, as well as projections for international macroeconomic conditions and global agricultural trade.
- The U.S. farm sector projections included in this database are taken from “early-release” tables available in early November each year, following the October World Agricultural Supply and Demand Estimates (WASDE), and prior to the release of the full USDA Agricultural Projections report the following February. The latest early release tables with 10-year projections for the U.S farm sector and U.S. and global macroeconomic projections are available here. Upon publication of the full report in February, additional tables covering U.S. farm income, U.S. agricultural trade, and international agricultural trade become available.
- The U.S. and global macroeconomic projections included in the early-release tables are not included in the custom query app.
- A machine-readable .csv file and readme.txt file for the current year projections for the U.S. farm sector included in this database is available here .zip file.
- A data visualization of select attributes of the current year’s U.S. farm sector projections, along with historical data since 1998 from the National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS) Quick Stats database and brief explanatory text, are available here.
- Current and historical projections and tables back to 1997 are housed in the Albert R. Mann Library at Cornell University.
- Click "Enter the App" below to make custom queries from current and past editions of the Agricultural Baseline Projections for U.S. commodities and attributes (some data now released early).