Agricultural Baseline Database
The agricultural baseline database provides a custom-query app to access the 10-year projections for the U.S. farm sector included in the annual baseline early-release tables released each November and in the more comprehensive annual USDA Agricultural Projections report published the following February. The app database provides the USDA projections made in the current year, and in previous years back to 2000, for major U.S. field crops (corn, sorghum, barley, oats, wheat, rice, soybeans, and upland cotton) and livestock (cattle, hogs, poultry and eggs, and dairy).
The Agricultural Baseline Projections Topic Page provides a listing of the main ERS baseline-related products, including the annual USDA Agricultural Projections report released in February. In addition to projections for major U.S. farm commodities, the report provides additional projections for U.S. farm income and U.S. agricultural trade, as well as projections for international macroeconomic conditions and global agricultural trade.
U.S. Livestock projections to 2030: On November 20, 2020, the Agricultural Baseline Database was updated to correct errors in data transfer for the file “U.S. Livestock projections to 2030.” The categories of supply, use, and price data were revised for variables in all animal product categories. No other files were affected by these errors.
U.S. Feed Grains projections to 2030: On November 20, 2020, the Agricultural Baseline Database was updated to correct errors in data transfer for the file “U.S. Feed Grains projections to 2030.” A correction was made to the category of domestic use for sorghum, which did not properly aggregate data for the 2 categories of domestic use. No other data or files were affected by these errors.
- The U.S. farm sector projections included in this database are taken from “early-release” tables available in early November each year, following the October World Agricultural Supply and Demand Estimates (WASDE), and prior to the release of the full USDA Agricultural Projections report the following February. The latest early release tables with projections for the U.S farm sector and U.S. and global macroeconomic projections to 2030 are available here.
- The U.S. and global macroeconomic projections included in the early-release tables are not included in the custom query app.
- A machine-readable .csv file and readme.txt file for the current year projections for the U.S. farm sector included in this database is available here .zip file.
- A data visualization of select attributes of the current year’s U.S. farm sector projections, along with historical data and brief explanatory text, is available here.
- Current and historical projections and tables back to 1997 are housed in the Albert R. Mann Library at Cornell University.
- Click "Enter the App" below to make custom queries for U.S. commodities, attributes, and the year the projections were published (some data now released early).