Miscellaneous Publication No. (MP-1583) 36 pp
Investing in People: Assessing the Economic Benefits of 1890 Institutions
The report examines the historical USDA funding levels of 1890 institutions; discusses the outcomes of these investments and potential measurable indicators of these outcomes; and outlines a conceptual model for estimating returns to investment in education tailored to particularities of the 1890's.
Keywords: 1890's, land-grant universities, human capital, extension service, agricultural research, research funding
In this publication...
- Entire Report
- Abstract, Acknowledgments, Foreword
- Funding the 1890 Institutions
- Identifying Measurable Administrative Indicators
- Exploring Conceptual Frameworks
- Next Steps for the Partnership
Select a decade or year to expand/collapse. Click on the link to view the report.