Vegetables and Pulses Outlook No. (VGS-357) 37 pp
Vegetables and Pulses Outlook: August 2016
This issue covers basic supply, demand, price, and trade analysis for fresh market vegetables, processing vegetables, potatoes, mushrooms, and dry pulses. This feature also includes special articles on U.S. organic vegetable production and dietary assessment of vegetables.
On September 20, 2016, the Special article, "An Overview of Organic Vegetable Production in the United States" included in the Vegetables and Pulses Outlook report (VGS-357) was reposted to correct errors in Table 1. All values in the columns “Organic operations (number),” “Total organic area harvested (acres),” and “Average operation size (acres)” were corrected to reflect organic vegetable production numbers and not total agricultural production. Corrections were also made in the text to match the new data in Table 1.
Keywords: Fresh Vegetables, Processed Vegetables, Potatoes, Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Dry pulses, Dry beans, Dry peas, Lentils, Sweet Potatoes, Production, Trade, Prices, Consumption, California Drought, Dietary Guidelines, Organic Vegetables
In this publication...
- Vegetables and Pulses Outlook: August 2016
- Special article: Dietary Assessment of U.S. Vegetable and Dry Pulse Crops Sector--Updated
- Special article: An Overview of Organic Vegetable Production in the United States
Select a decade or year to expand/collapse. Click on the link to view the report.
- Vegetables and Pulses Outlook; December 2012
- Vegetables and Pulses Outlook: September 2012
- Vegetables and Pulses Outlook: June 2012
- Vegetables and Pulses Outlook: March 2012
- Vegetables and Melons Outlook: August 2011
- Fruit and Vegetable Planting Restrictions: Analyzing the Processing Cucumber Market
- Vegetables and Melons Outlook: February 2011
- Vegetables and Melons Outlook: December 2005
- Price Premiums Hold on as U.S. Organic Produce Market Expands
- The Economics of Food Safety: The Case of Green Onions and Hepatitis A Outbreaks
- European Trading Arrangements in Fruits and Vegetables
- Organic Produce, Price Premiums, and Eco-Labeling in U.S. Farmers' Markets
- Factors Affecting Spinach Consumption in the United States
- Vegetables and Melons Outlook: December 2003
- Vegetables and Melons Outlook: June 2003
- Factors Affecting U.S. Mushroom Consumption
- Vegetables and Melons Outlook: February 2003
- Vegetable Policies in Japan
- Vegetables and Melons Outlook: August 2002
- China Increases Exports of Fresh and Frozen Vegetables to Japan
- Vegetables and Melons Outlook: April 2002