Tobacco Outlook No. (TBS-26001) 12 pp
Tobacco Production Costs and Returns in 2004
This study focuses on factors that led to changes in the estimated residual returns to management and risk from tobacco production in 2003-04. Residual returns per acre for flue-cured tobacco declined less than those for burley tobacco in 2004 because yield increases for flue-cured tobacco helped to offset increases in economic costs. Residual returns above economic costs were calculated using data from the last tobacco surveys, conducted in 1995 for burley tobacco and 1996 for flue-cured tobacco, and updated with 2004 data on prices, yields, marketing costs, and quota levels.
Keywords: tobacco, burley, flue-cured, cost of production, net returns, quota
In this publication...
Select a decade or year to expand/collapse. Click on the link to view the report.
- Contracting in Tobacco? Contracts Revisited
- U.S. Tobacco Import Update
- Tobacco 2001 Production Costs and Returns and Recent Changes That Influence Costs
- Trends in U.S. Tobacco Farming
- The Changing Tobacco User's Dollar
- Production Costs and Returns for Tobacco in 2002
- U. S. Tobacco Import Update