Hurricane Impacts on Agriculture
ERS and USDA resources covering recent hurricane impacts, as well as historical and background information reporters may find useful.
ERS Commodity Outlook Reports contain information on the impacts of recent hurricanes on various commodities.
- Vegetable and Pulses Outlook: October 2017
- Rice Outlook: October 2017
- Cotton and Wool Outlook: October 2017
- Oil Crops Outlook: October 2017
- Fruit and Tree Nuts Outlook: September 2017
- Oil Crops Outlook: September 2017
- Rice Outlook: September 2017
- Sugar and Sweeteners Outlook: September 2017
- Wheat Outlook: September 2017 (Note: See “Domestic Feature: Hurricane Harvey Interrupts Texas Gulf Rail Service, Port Loadings” on Page 5)
The USDA’s Office of the Chief Economist has resources on the impacts of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma.
USDA Hurricane Resources includes information on how USDA can assist those affected by hurricanes.
State Fact Sheets include data by state on top agricultural commodities, exports, and counties.