Food Price Environment: Interactive Visualization
This page provides interactive charts on various aspects of the food price environment:
- How does the average U.S. household spend its money?
- How does food price inflation compare to inflation for other major categories, over time?
- Are food prices more or less volatile than other spending categories?
- Has restaurant inflation differed from grocery store inflation over time?
- How does restaurant inflation differ from grocery store inflation, from year to year?
- How does inflation vary by food category over time?
- How does food price inflation vary by geographic region?
- How does the share of income spent on food vary with income?
The statistics shown in these interactive charts are calculated using data from the U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics Consumer Price Index and Consumer Expenditure Surveys programs.