Food Price Environment: Interactive Visualization
This page provides interactive charts on various aspects of the food price environment:
- How does the average American household spend its money?
- Over time, food price inflation has outpaced many other major categories.
- Are food prices more or less volatile than other spending categories?
- Does restaurant inflation differ from grocery store inflation?
- In 2018, food-at-home prices increased for the first time in 3 years.
- Price changes vary by food category as well as year to year.
- Food price inflation also varies by metropolitan statistical area.