Feed Grains Database
This database contains statistics on four feed grains (corn, grain sorghum, barley, and oats), foreign coarse grains (feed grains plus rye, millet, and mixed grains), hay, and related items. This includes data published in the monthly Feed Outlook and previously annual Feed Yearbook. Data are monthly, quarterly, and/or annual depending upon the data series.
Available data include:
- Supply: beginning stocks, production, and imports;
- Demand: utilization for food, seed, and industrial uses, feed and residual, exports, and ending stocks;
- Prices: farm and market prices;
- Quantities fed: concentrates, oilseed meals, and animal- and grain-protein feeds;
- Feed-price ratios for livestock, poultry, and milk;
- And much more
NOTE: Beginning January 2018, the Feed Grains Custom Query database will be updated each month at 12:00 pm the day after the release of WASDE. Users are able to download data from the database into Excel files.
Errata: On April 15, 2020 the Feed Grain database was re-posted after corrections were made to errors in the 2018 and 2019 hogs and total animal unit indices.
Errata: The Feed Grain database was reposted on April 16, 2020 to correct an error in the 2019/20 December-January feed and residual and ending stocks. No other components of the supply and use table were affected by the error.