Feed Grains Database
The Feed Grains Database is a statistical compilation of four feed grains (corn, grain sorghum, barley, and oats), foreign coarse grains (feed grains plus rye, millet, and mixed grains), hay, and related items. These statistics include data published in the monthly Feed Outlook and Feed Grains Yearbook tables. Data are displayed as monthly, quarterly, and/or annual depending upon the data series.
The key purpose of the Feed Grain Database is to provide a variety of current and historical time-series feed grain data, some of which cannot be found elsewhere, to the public in a user-friendly form. Available data include but are not limited to:
- Supply: beginning stocks, production, and imports;
- Demand: utilization for food, seed, and industrial uses, feed and residual, export, and ending stocks;
- Prices: farm and market prices;
- Quantities: concentrates, oilseed meals, and animal-and grain-protein feeds;
- Feed-price ratios for livestock, poultry, and milk;
- And more
The database is updated each month at noon EST on the first business day after the release of the World Agricultural Supply and Demand Estimates (WASDE) report. Users can download data into Excel, XML and PDF file formats.