Incentives, Disincentives for R&D of New Antimicrobial Drugs and Alternatives to Antibiotics for Food Animals
Dates: March 17-18, 2016
Location: Patriots Plaza III, Auditorium; 355 E St. SW, Washington, D.C.
Farm Foundation, NFP and USDA's Economic Research Service presented this two-day workshop to examine factors involved in creating incentives for research and development of new antimicrobial drugs and alternatives to antibiotics.
- the market for animal pharmaceuticals
- how to bring an alternative product to market
- regulatory protocols required to bring products to market
- regulations on use of antibiotics in food production
- the overlap between human and animal antibiotic use and development