Agricultural Economic Report No. (AER-828) 145 pp
International Trade and Food Safety: Economic Theory and Case Studies
This report examines the conceptual relationships between food safety and international trade and analyzes empirical examples from the meat and poultry, produce, food and animal feed crop, and seafood sectors.
Keywords: BSE, dioxin, economic theory, food safety, grains, international trade, meat, poultry, produce, regulation, regulatory trends,<i> Salmonella</i>, seafood
In this publication...
- Entire Report
- Abstract, Acknowledgments
- Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Introduction and Overview
- Economic Theory and Conceptual Relationships Between Food Safety and International Trade
- Resolving Trade Disputes Arising from Trends in Food Safety Regulation
- International Trade of Meat/Poultry Products and Food Safety Issues
- Produce, Food Safety, and International Trade
- Mycotoxin Hazards and Regulations
- International Trade and Seafood Safety
- The Belgian Dioxin Crisis and Its Effects on Agricultural Production and Exports