The Quarterly Food-at-Home Price Database (QFAHPD) provides food
price data to support research on the economic determinants of food
consumption, diet quality, and health outcomes. There are two
versions of the database--please read the complete
documentation before downloading the data.
Version 1 of the Quarterly Food-at-Home Price Database
(QFAHPD-1) contains prices for 52 food groups based on both
UPC-coded and random-weight food purchases. Quarterly prices are
- 26 metropolitan markets for 1999-2006, and
- 9 nonmetropolitan areas for 2002-2006 and 4 nonmetropolitan
areas for 1999-2001
Version 2 of the Quarterly Food-at-Home Price Database
(QFAHPD-2) contains prices for 54 food groups based on only
UPC-coded food purchases. Quarterly prices are available for:
- 26 metropolitan and 9 nonmetropolitan markets for 2004-2010. As
Homescan data become available for future years, plans are to
expand the database.
- A redefined carbonated nonalcoholic beverage group, which now
excludes diet versions of beverages.
- Two new food groups: 1) diet carbonated beverages, and 2)
unsweetened coffee and tea. Dry weights for coffee and tea have
been converted to liquid equivalents, assuming that 2 grams of dry
tea leaves and 10 grams of dry coffee yield 180 ml of liquid