International Trade and Policy
General Publications on China's Food, Agriculture, and Economy
Food Consumption and Marketing
Specific Commodities and Industries
Inputs and Production Issues
- Imports From China and Food Safety Issues , July 2009
- “How Tightly Has China Embraced Market Reforms in Agriculture?,” Amber Waves, June 2009
- China Currency Appreciation Could Boost U.S. Agricultural Exports , August 2007
- China's New Farm Subsidies , February 2005
- Growth and Evolution in China's Agricultural Support Policies , August 2013
- “Get Ready for Chinese Overseas Investment in Agriculture,” Choices magazine, 2015
- “China's Growing Participation in Agricultural Markets: Conflicting Signals,” Choices magazine, 2015
- China's Growing Demand for Agricultural Imports , February 2015
- China's Ongoing Agricultural Modernization: Challenges Remain After 30 Years of Reform , April 2009
- “Who Will China Feed?,” Amber Waves, June 2008
- “China in the Next Decade: Rising Meat Demand and Growing Imports of Feed,” Amber Waves, April 2014
- China's Food and Agriculture: Issues for the 21st Century , April 2002
- Demand for Food Quantity and Quality in China , January 2007
- "Food Safety Improvements Underway in China," Amber Waves, November 2006
- Commercialization of Food Consumption in Rural China , July 2005
- "China's Growing Affluence: How Food Markets are Responding," Amber Waves, June 2003
- Cotton Policy in China , March 2015
- Development of China's Feed Industry and Demand for Imported Commodities , November 2015
- Feed Outlook: December 2009 , December 2009
- China's Market for Distillers Dried Grains and the Key Influences on Its Longer Run Potential , August 2012
- China's Vegetable Exports Peak as Attention Shifts to Domestic Market, March 2013
- Investment in Processing Industry Turns Chinese Apples Into Juice Exports, October 2010
- China's Volatile Pork Industry , January 2012
- China's Potential as an Export Market for Tree Nuts, March 2015
- Prospects for China's Corn Yield Growth and Imports , April 2014
- "Effects of Rising Feed and Labor Cost on China's Chicken Prices," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, 2015
- China's Agricultural Water Policy Reforms: Increasing Investment, Resolving Conflicts, and Revising Incentives , March 2003
- New Directions in China's Agricultural Lending , International Agriculture and Trade Outlook, January 2006
- "China's Agricultural Productivity Growth: Strong but Uneven," Amber Waves, June 2013
U.S. Department of Agriculture
World Agricultural Outlook Board. Monthly updates of supply and demand estimates, weather and climate.
Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS):
- Global Agricultural Information Network on countries including China.
- China offices and market intelligence. Works closely with importers, wholesalers, and trade organizations.
- Data on U.S. Agricultural Trade with China and other countries.
Ministry of Agriculture. Official links to information on agricultural industries, prices, and other information (in Chinese and English).
National Bureau of Statistics. Official statistics reporting agency in China (in Chinese and English). Statistical yearbooks and Census data available online.