- Feed Outlook, monthly
- Feed Grains: Yearbook Tables, annual
- Issues and Prospects in Corn, Soybeans, and Wheat Futures Markets , Feed Outlook special article, August 2009
- "Agricultural Commodity Price Spikes in the 1970s and 1990s: Valuable Lessons for Today," Amber Waves, March 2009
- "Grain Prices Impact Entire Livestock Production Cycle," Amber Waves, March 2009
- "Corn Prices Near Record High, But What About Food Costs?," Amber Waves, February 2008
- The U.S. Grain Consumption Landscape: Who Eats Grain, in What Form, Where, and How Much? , November 2007
- Feed Grains Backgrounder , Feed Outlook special article, March 2007
- The Changing Face of the U.S. Grain System , February 2007
- Characteristics and Production Costs of U.S. Corn Farms, 2001 , February 2006
- Forecasting Feed Grain Prices in a Changing Environment , Feed Outlook special article, July 2004
- USDA Baseline, Market Outlook, March 2004
- Soil, Nutrient, and Water Management Systems Used in U.S. Corn Production , April 2002
Ethanol and Bioenergy
- Feed Outlook: April 2013 , Feed Outlook special article (High RIN Prices Signal Constraints to U.S. Ethanol Expansion, pdf pages 18-22), April 2013
- "Full Throttle U.S. Ethanol Expansion Faces Challenges Down the Road," Amber Waves, September 2009
- Feed Outlook: April 2009 , Feed Outlook special article (Ethanol Co-Product Use in U.S. Cattle Feeding: Lessons Learned and Considerations), April 2009
- "U.S. Ethanol Expansion Driving Changes Throughout the Agricultural Sector," Amber Waves, September 2007
- Ethanol Expansion in the United States: How Will the Agricultural Sector Adjust? , Feed Outlook special article, May 2007 (see narrated slideshow for an overview)
- "Ethanol Reshapes the Corn Market," Amber Waves, May 2007
- A Life-Cycle Analysis of the Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Corn-Based Ethanol, Office of the Chief Economist, September 2018
- "New Market Realities Affect Crop Program Choices," Amber Waves, November 2008
- "2008 Farm Act: Where Will the Money Go?," Amber Waves, November 2008
- 2008 Farm Bill Side-By-Side, ERS web product, August 2008
- NAFTA at 13: Implementation Nears Completion , March 2007
- Valuing Counter-Cyclical Payments: Implications for Producer Risk Management and Program Administration , February 2007
- Forecasting the Counter-Cyclical Payment Rate for U.S. Corn: An Application of the Futures Price Forecasting Model , Feed Outlook special article, January 2005 (the Excel spreadsheet models for corn, soybeans, and wheat are available at Season-Average Price Forecasts)
- Analysis of the U.S. Commodity Loan Program with Marketing Loan Provisions , April 2001
- Price Determination for Corn and Wheat: The Role of Market Factors and Government Programs , August 1999
- Global Agricultural Supply and Demand: Factors Contributing to the Recent Increase in Food Commodity Prices , July 2008
- U.S.-Mexico Corn Trade During the NAFTA Era: New Twists to an Old Story , Feed Outlook special article, May 2004
- Livestock Feeding and Feed Imports in the European Union-A Decade of Change , Feed Outlook special article, July 2002
- Is China's Corn Market at a Turning Point? , Feed Outlook special article, May 2004
- Mycotoxin Regulations: Implications for International Agricultural Trade , International Trade and Food Safety: Economic Theory and Case Studies, Agricultural Economic Report, November 2003
- The New Agricultural Trade Negotiations: Background and Issues for the U.S. Coarse Grain Sector, Feed Yearbook, April 2001
U.S. Department of Agriculture
- National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS) provides data on yields, acreage, production, and prices by State and nationally, as well as current crop progress, commodity specific reports, and adoption of biotech crops.
- Quick Stats is a searchable database containing information on crop yields, acreage, production, and prices at the State and national levels back to 1800.
- Crop Progress has information on planting and harvesting progress, as well as overall condition of selected crops in major producing States; published weekly during the growing season.
- Statistics by State provides links to State sites for information on crop progress; on State plantings, production, and yields; and on county estimates.
- World Agricultural Outlook Board (WAOB) provides data on supply and utilization of corn and other principal crops for the United States and other countries.
- World Agricultural Supply and Demand Estimates (WASDE).
- Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) provides current cash grain prices and market news, as well as information on grain transportation and exporting, and standardization and grading.
- Livestock, Poultry and Grain Market News Portal
- Grain Transportation Report (weekly) contains information on rail car loadings, rail deliveries to ports, ocean grain freight rates, and numbers of vessels in port, as well as quantity of grain exported.
- Export Inspections (weekly) reports the total quantity of exports to all destinations.
- Export Inspections by Destination (monthly) reports quantity inspected and/or weighed by region and country of destination.
- Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) provides data on current U.S. corn export sales; data on supply and demand (including imports and exports) for major corn trading countries; and current world market and trade reports.
- Current World Production, Market and Trade Reports (monthly) makes available Grains: World Markets and Trade.
- Corn Export Sales (weekly). By country and region, for current and previous marketing years.
- Farm Service Agency (FSA) offers extensive information on farm and conservation programs and on specific commodity programs and markets, as well as program-related USDA announcements.
- Farm Loan Programs offers information on direct and guaranteed loans.
- Conservation Programs contains program news for Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) and Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program (CREP).
- Price Support has information on loan rates and commodity loans.
- Risk Management Agency (RMA) provides information on crop insurance programs.
- Crop Policies gives descriptions of available policies and a list of eligible crops.
National Agricultural Library
National Agricultural Library Digital Collections (NALDC) offers online browsing of historical ERS Agricultural Economic Reports and Agriculture Information Bulletins.
Iowa State University's Corn Production presents information on corn production, processing, marketing, and use.