Data Files: U.S. and State-Level Farm Income and Wealth Statistics
These are the latest data concerning the farm income forecast, including the forecasts for the income statement for the U.S. farm sector, value added, cash receipts and value of production, government payments, farm production expenses, and the balance sheet. Included are historical U.S. and State-level farm income and wealth statistics. Historical/State data cover the topics of net value added and net farm income, net cash income, cash receipts and value of production, government payments, farm production expenses, and the balance sheet.
Data are released three times a year: in February, August, and November. The U.S.-level calendar-year forecast is first provided in February, and is updated in August and November. The August release converts the prior year's farm income and balance sheet forecasts to estimates, adds State-level farm income estimates, and revises previous years' estimates. The November release updates the current year's forecast and revises previous years' estimates, as needed.
Errata: On September 3, 2019, the raw, comma separated value (csv) data file containing the complete forecast and historical data for the August 30, 2019, release of the Farm Income and Wealth Statistics data product was replaced. The original file contained errors in the 2019 forecast values for several balance sheet asset components (and as such affected 2019F assets, equity, and some financial ratios). The errors were specific to the creation of the csv download file and did not impact data found in the reports, text, or data visualizations.
Data are as of August 30, 2019, unless noted. The next scheduled forecast release is November 27, 2019. These tables cover the full history of data through 2019F, where available.
Summary of U.S. Farm Income Financial Indicators
- U.S. farm sector financial indicators, 2012-19F
Includes the U.S. income statement and balance sheet summary.
- Farm sector financial indicators, State rankings
Farm Income Statements, U.S. and States
- Annual cash receipts by commodity, U.S. and States, 2008-2019F
- Annual cash receipts by commodity (condensed), U.S. and States, 1910-2019F
- Ranking tables: Choose a State to get ranked commodities
- Ranking tables: Choose a commodity to get ranked States
- Production expenses, U.S. and States
- Production expenses by type, State ranking
- Gross capital expenditures, U.S.
- Farm sector balance sheet and selected financial ratios
- Farm sector financial ratios
- Current and noncurrent farm sector balance sheet (includes current and working capital ratios)
- Farm-level average net cash income by farm typology and sales class
- Farm business average net cash income by commodity specialization and region
Charts and Maps Data Visualizations
- Charts and Maps About Your State
- Charts and Maps of U.S. Farm Sector Balance Sheet Data
- Charts and Maps of U.S. Farm Income Statement Data
Download All Data in CSV File Format
- August 30, 2019 release (revised September 3, 3019) includes corrected 2019F asset, equity, and financial ratio data; see Update and Revision History.
- March 6, 2019 release
- November 30, 2018 release
- August 30, 2018 release
- February 7, 2018 release (revised July 17, 2018) includes data from modified reports, see Update and Revision History.
- November 29, 2017 release
- August 30, 2017 release
- February 7, 2017 release
- November 30, 2016 release
- August 30, 2016 release
- February 9, 2016 release (revised May 2, 2016) includes data from modified reports, see Update and Revision History.
- November 24, 2015 release
- August 25, 2015 release
- February 10, 2015 release
- November 25, 2014 release (revised December 12, 2014)
- August 26, 2014 release
Archive of Suspended Tables
The estimation of State-level balance sheet and liquidity/efficiency and solvency/profitability ratios has been suspended. Data for 1960-2003 for all 50 States are included in a ZIP file.