Data Files: U.S. and State-Level Farm Income and Wealth Statistics
Suggested citation for linking to these data:
U.S. Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service. Farm Income and Wealth Statistics, February 7, 2023.
These are the latest data on U.S. farm sector income and wealth statistics. The data include historical U.S. and State-level farm income and wealth estimates, and U.S.-level forecasts for the current calendar year. Also included is an archive of selected historical farm income and wealth forecast and estimate data.
Unless otherwise noted, data are as of February 7, 2023. The next forecast is scheduled to be released on August 31, 2023.
Summary of U.S. Farm Income Financial Indicators
- U.S. farm sector financial indicators, 2016–2023F (includes the U.S. income statement and balance sheet summary)
- Farm sector financial indicators, State rankings
Farm Income Statements, U.S. and States
- Value added by U.S. agriculture (includes net farm income)
- Net cash income
- Returns to operators
- Annual cash receipts by commodity, U.S. and States, 2008–2023F
- Annual cash receipts by commodity (condensed), U.S. and States, 1910–2023F
- Ranking tables: Choose a State to get ranked commodities
- Ranking tables: Choose a commodity to get ranked States
Government Farm Program Payments
- Production expenses, U.S. and States
- Production expenses by type, State ranking
- Gross capital expenditures, U.S.
Farm Balance Sheet and Financial Ratios, U.S.
- Farm sector balance sheet and selected financial ratios
- Farm sector financial ratios
- Current and noncurrent farm sector balance sheet (includes current and working capital ratios)
Average (Farm-level) Net Cash Income, U.S.
- Farm-level average net cash income by farm typology and sales class
- Farm business average net cash income by commodity specialization and region
Charts and Maps Data Visualizations
- Charts and Maps About Your State
- Charts and Maps of U.S. Farm Sector Balance Sheet Data
- Charts and Maps of U.S. Farm Income Statement Data
Download All Data in CSV File Format (ZIP)
- February 7, 2023 release
- December 1, 2022 release
- September 1, 2022 release
- February 4, 2022 release
- December 1, 2021 release
- September 2, 2021 release
- February 5, 2021 release
- December 2, 2020 release
- September 2, 2020 release
- February 5, 2020 release
- November 27, 2019 release
- August 30, 2019 release (revised September 3, 3019) includes corrected 2019F asset, equity, and financial ratio data; see Update and Revision History.
- March 6, 2019 release
- November 30, 2018 release
- August 30, 2018 release
- February 7, 2018 release (revised July 17, 2018) includes data from modified reports, see Update and Revision History.
- November 29, 2017 release
- August 30, 2017 release
- February 7, 2017 release
- November 30, 2016 release
- August 30, 2016 release
- February 9, 2016 release (revised May 2, 2016) includes data from modified reports, see Update and Revision History.
- November 24, 2015 release
- August 25, 2015 release
- February 10, 2015 release
- November 25, 2014 release (revised December 12, 2014)
- August 26, 2014 release
Archive of Selected Historical Farm Income and Wealth Statistics Forecast and Estimate Data in CSV File Format (ZIP)
This comma separated value (CSV) file is a compendium of selected U.S. estimates and forecasts from previous Farm Income and Wealth Statistics data releases. The file is intended for research purposes only; it includes a limited number of variables, for the United States only, starting with the February 1977 release. Documentation and variable descriptions are also included in the ZIP file:
- ERS Farm Income and Wealth Statistics Data Archive (as of February 7, 2023)
Archive of Suspended Tables
The estimation of State-level balance sheet and liquidity/efficiency and solvency/profitability ratios has been suspended. Data for 1960-2003 for all 50 States are included in a ZIP file.