International Consumer and Retail
Global Food Industry and Foreign Direct
Consumer and Retail Trends
- The Expansion of Modern Grocery
Retailing and Trade in Developing Countries (ERR-122), July
2011, 33 pp.
- Cross-Price Elasticities of
Demand Across 114 Countries (TB-1925), March 2010, 89 pp.
- Convergence in Global Food Demand and
Delivery, Economic Research Report,
- Converging Patterns in Global Food Consumption and
Food Delivery Systems, Amber Waves, February 2008
- "Modeling International Consumption Patterns," Review of
Income and Wealth, 2006, Vol. 52, pp. 603-624
- "Are Diets Converging Globally? A Comparison of Trends across
Selected Countries," Journal of Food Distribution
- "Globalisation and Income Growth Promote the Mediterranean
Diet," Public Health Nutrition, 2004, Vol. 7, pp.
- A Richer World Wants a Richer Diet, Amber
Waves, November 2003
- International Evidence on Food
Consumption Patterns, Technical Bulletin, October 2003
- Changing Structure of Global
Food Consumption and Trade, June 200
Global Food Industry and
Foreign Direct Investment
- "Brand Leadership and Product Innovation as Firm Strategies in
Global Food Markets," Journal of Product and Brand
Management, 2009, Vol. 18
- "Managing Firm Competitiveness In Global Markets,"
Competitiveness in Agriculture and Food Industry: US and EU
Perspectives, R. Fanfani, E. Ball, L. Guterrez, and E.R.
Maccarini (editors), Bononia University Press, 2008
- "Exchange Rates, Foreign Income, and U.S. Agricultural
Exports," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
2008, Vol. 27 No. 2, pp. 160-175
- "Exchange Rates and U.S. Foreign Direct Investment in the
Global Processed Food Industry," Agricultural and Resource
Economics Review, 2007, Vol. 36 No. 2, pp. 230-238
- New Directions in Global Food Markets,
Agriculture Information Bulletin, February 2005
International Trade Commission offers information on
U.S. tariffs and U.S. trade data by Harmonized Tariff Schedule
(HTS) code, Customs District, and month.
U.S. Department of Commerce, Census Bureau
provides a description of total U.S. trade and export
USDA, Foreign Agricultural Service's Global Agricultural Trade System (GATS)
provides U.S. trade statistics on agricultural, fish, forest, and
Office of the
U.S. Trade Representative provides information on trade
negotiations and enforcement issues.
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, FAOSTAT, is an
online database with international statistics covering production,
trade, food balance sheets, forest and fishery products,
population, and food aid shipments.
Bank, Data and Statistics contains country data derived, either
directly or indirectly, from official statistical systems of
national governments. Includes theWorld Development Indicators
report and database.
Organization provides information on international trade and
Euromonitor International is the world's
leading provider of global consumer market information and has been
publishing research on international markets for over 32 years.
Euromonitor's online database provides the most comprehensive
coverage of food product sales by firms, distribution channels, and
per capita expenditures. This information is not available from
international organizations such as the World Bank or the United
Nations. USDA's Foreign Agricultural Services and the Economic
Research Service are subscribers to Euromonitor's online