Fruit & Vegetable Marketing Orders
Marketing orders and marketing agreements help stabilize market conditions for fruit and vegetable products. Marketing orders and agreements may do the following:
- Maintain the high quality of produce that is on the market;
- Standardize packages and containers;
- Regulate the flow of product to market;
- Establish reserve pools for storable commodities; and
- Authorize production research, marketing research and development, and advertising.
Presently, there are 32 active marketing orders and agreements. USDA's Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) maintains a summary of active marketing orders and agreements for fruits, vegetables, and nuts. AMS also maintains an overview of fruit, vegetable, and specialty crop marketing orders.