For information on current and previous baseline projections for soybeans and soybean products, see the Market Outlook page.
- Issues and Prospects in Corn, Soybeans, and Wheat Futures Markets: New Entrants, Price Volatility, and Market Performance Implications, Feed Outlook special article, August 2009
- Emerging Issues in the U.S. Organic Industry, Economic Information Bulletin, June 2009
- Agricultural Commodity Price Spikes in the 1970s and 1990s: Valuable Lessons for Today, Amber Waves, March 2009
- Fluctuating Food Commodity Prices: A Complex Issue With No Easy Answers, Amber Waves, November 2008
- Global Agricultural Supply and Demand: Factors Contributing to the Recent Increase in Food Commodity Prices, International Agriculture and Trade Report, July 2008
- U.S. Ethanol Expansion Driving Changes Throughout the Agricultural Sector, Amber Waves, September 2007
- Ethanol Expansion in the United States: How Will the Agricultural Sector Adjust?, Feed Outlook special article, May 2007
- The Changing Face of the U.S. Grain System, Economic Research Report, February 2007
- The Value of Plant Disease Early-Warning Systems: A Case Study of USDA's Soybean Rust Coordinated Framework, Economic Research Report, April 2006
U.S. Department of Agriculture
World Agricultural Outlook Board (WAOB) provides data on supply and use of soybeans, soybean meal, soybean oil, and other principal commodities for the United States and foreign producers, and gives weather data and information.
National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS) provides data on yields, acreage, production, and prices by State and nationally, as well as current-crop progress, commodity-specific reports, and adoption of biotech varieties.
Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) provides data on current U.S. export sales of soybeans, soybean meal, and soybean oil; data on supply and demand (including imports and exports) for major oilseed-trading countries; and current world market and trade reports.
Farm Service Agency (FSA) offers extensive information on farm and conservation programs and on specific commodity programs and markets, as well as program-related USDA announcements.
Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) provides current cash grain prices and market news, as well as information on grain transportation and exporting, and standardization and grading.
Grain Inspection, Packers, and Stockyards Administration (GIPSA) provides information on federal quality standards and quality of U.S. soybean exports.
Risk Management Agency (RMA) provides information on crop insurance programs.
National Agricultural Library, National Agricultural Library Digital Repository (NALDR) offers online browsing of historical ERS Agricultural Economic Reports and Agriculture Information Bulletins.
U.S. Department of Commerce
Bureau of the Census
Other U.S. Government Agencies
U.S. International Trade Commission
Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) provides information on commodity futures markets and the regulation of agricultural commodity futures trading.
Iowa Farm Outlook is a biweekly newsletter from Iowa State University on soybean and corn markets.
North Dakota State University Extension offers information on Row Crops and Oilseeds, including canola, flax, soybeans, and sunflowers.
Other Research Organizations
United Nations, Food and Agricultural Organization
Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development
Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute