For information on current and previous baseline projections for soybeans and soybean products, see the Market Outlook page.
- Issues and Prospects in Corn, Soybeans, and Wheat Futures Markets: New Entrants, Price Volatility, and Market Performance Implications, Feed Outlook special article, August 2009
- Emerging Issues in the U.S. Organic Industry, Economic Information Bulletin, June 2009
- Agricultural Commodity Price Spikes in the 1970s and 1990s: Valuable Lessons for Today, Amber Waves, March 2009
- Fluctuating Food Commodity Prices: A Complex Issue With No Easy Answers, Amber Waves, November 2008
- Global Agricultural Supply and Demand: Factors Contributing to the Recent Increase in Food Commodity Prices, International Agriculture and Trade Report, July 2008
- U.S. Ethanol Expansion Driving Changes Throughout the Agricultural Sector, Amber Waves, September 2007
- Ethanol Expansion in the United States: How Will the Agricultural Sector Adjust?, Feed Outlook special article, May 2007
- The Changing Face of the U.S. Grain System, Economic Research Report, February 2007
- The Value of Plant Disease Early-Warning Systems: A Case Study of USDA's Soybean Rust Coordinated Framework, Economic Research Report, April 2006
- Economic and Policy Implications of Wind-Borne Entry of Asian Soybean Rust into the United States, Oil Crops Outlook special article, April 2004
- How Does Structural Change in the Global Soybean Market Affect the U.S. Price?, Oil Crops Outlook special article, April 2004
- Characteristics and Production Costs of U.S. Soybean Farms, Statistical Bulletin, April 2002
- The Soybean Processing Decision, Technical Bulletin, December 2001
- An Assessment of a Futures Method Model for Forecasting the Season-Average Farm Price for Soybeans, Oil Crops Yearbook, October 2000
- Rethinking the Soybeans-to-Corn Price Ratio: Is It Still a Good Indicator?, Feed Situation and Outlook Yearbook, April 1998
- Factors Influencing ACRE Program Enrollment, Economic Research Report, December 2009
- Valuing Counter-Cyclical Payments: Implications for Producer Risk Management and Program Administration, Economic Research Report, February 2007
- Soybean Backgrounder, Oil Crops Outlook special article, April 2006
- The 2002 Farm Act: Provisions and Implications for Commodity Markets, Agriculture Information Bulletin, November 2002
- Soybeans: Background and Issues for Farm Legislation, Oil Crops Outlook special article, August 2001
- Analysis of the U.S. Commodity Loan Program with Marketing Loan Provisions, Agricultural Economic Report, April 2001
- What the 2008/2009 World Economic Crisis Means for Global Agricultural Trade, Outlook Publication, August 2009
- China's ongoing Agricultural Modernization: Challenges Remain After 30 Years of Reform, Economic Information Bulletin, April 2009
- The Role of Policy and Industry Structure in India's Oilseed Markets, Economic Research Report, April 2006
- China's Soybean Imports Expected To Grow Despite Short-Term Disruptions, Oil Crops Outlook special article, October 2004
- China: A Study of Dynamic Growth, International Agriculture and Trade Report, October 2004
- The Poultry Sector in Middle-Income Countries and Its Feed Requirements: the Case of Egypt, International Agriculture and Trade Report, December 2003
- India's Edible Oil Sector: Imports Fill Rising Demand, Oil Crops Outlook special article, November 2003
- Oilseed Policies in Japan, Oil Crops Outlook special article, December 2002
- Livestock Feeding and Feed Imports in the European Union-A Decade of Change, Feed Outlook special article, July 2002
- Agriculture in Brazil and Argentina: Developments and Prospects for Major Field Crops, International Agriculture and Trade Report, December 2001
- Despite Rise of Market Forces, Continued Government Intervention in China's Soybean Economy Adds Uncertainty in World Oilseed Markets, in Oil Crops Situation and Outlook Yearbook, November 1998
- The First Decade of Genetically Engineered Crops in the United States, Economic Information Bulletin, April 2006
- Genetically Engineered Crops: U.S. Adoption and Impacts, Agricultural Outlook, September 2002
- Estimating Farm-Level Effects of Adopting Herbicide-Tolerant Soybeans,, Oil Crops Situation and Outlook Yearbook, October 2001 (PDF version with high resolution map; this is a large file that may take time to download).
- Genetically Engineered Crops: Has Adoption Reduced Pesticide Use?, Agricultural Outlook, August 2000
- Genetically Engineered Crops for Pest Management in U.S. Agriculture, Agricultural Economics Report, May 2000
- Biotechnology: Implications for U.S. Corn and Soybean Trade, Agricultural Outlook, April 2000
- Biotechnology: U.S. Grain Handlers Look Ahead, Agricultural Outlook, April 2000
- Value-Enhanced Crops: Biotechnology's Next Stage, Agricultural Outlook, March 1999
- Peanut Outlook: Impacts of the 2008-09 Foodborne Illness Outbreak Linked to Salmonella in Peanuts, Special Outlook Report, February 2010
- Removal of Government Controls Opens Peanut and Tobacco Sectors to Market Forces, Amber Waves, December 2009
- The Post-Buyout Experience: Peanut and Tobacco Sectors Adapt to Policy Reform, Economic Information Bulletin, November 2009
- Peanut Backgrounder, Oil Crops Outlook special article, October 2005
- U.S. Peanut Sector Adapts to Major Policy Changes, Amber Waves, November 2004
- Peanut Policy Change and Adjustment Under the 2002 Farm Act, Oil Crops Outlook special article, July 2004
- Peanut Consumption Rebounding Amidst Market Uncertainties, Agricultural Outlook, March 2002
- Issues Facing the U.S. Peanut Industry During the Seattle Round of the World Trade Organization,, Oil Crops Situation and Outlook Yearbook, October 1999
- U.S. Tariff-Rate Quotas for Peanuts, Oil Crops Situation and Outlook Yearbook, October 1999
U.S. Department of Agriculture
World Agricultural Outlook Board (WAOB) provides data on supply and use of soybeans, soybean meal, soybean oil, and other principal commodities for the United States and foreign producers, and gives weather data and information.
National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS) provides data on yields, acreage, production, and prices by State and nationally, as well as current-crop progress, commodity-specific reports, and adoption of biotech varieties.
Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) provides data on current U.S. export sales of soybeans, soybean meal, and soybean oil; data on supply and demand (including imports and exports) for major oilseed-trading countries; and current world market and trade reports.
Farm Service Agency (FSA) offers extensive information on farm and conservation programs and on specific commodity programs and markets, as well as program-related USDA announcements.
Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) provides current cash grain prices and market news, as well as information on grain transportation and exporting, and standardization and grading.
Grain Inspection, Packers, and Stockyards Administration (GIPSA) provides information on federal quality standards and quality of U.S. soybean exports.
Risk Management Agency (RMA) provides information on crop insurance programs.
National Agricultural Library, National Agricultural Library Digital Repository (NALDR) offers online browsing of historical ERS Agricultural Economic Reports and Agriculture Information Bulletins.
U.S. Department of Commerce
Bureau of the Census
Other U.S. Government Agencies
U.S. International Trade Commission
Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) provides information on commodity futures markets and the regulation of agricultural commodity futures trading.
Iowa Farm Outlook is a biweekly newsletter from Iowa State University on soybean and corn markets.
North Dakota State University Extension offers information on Row Crops and Oilseeds, including canola, flax, soybeans, and sunflowers.
Other Research Organizations
United Nations, Food and Agricultural Organization
Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development
Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute