For information on current and previous baseline projections for upland cotton, see the Market Outlook chapter.
- Cotton and Wool Yearbook, annual
- U.S. Cotton Prices and the World Cotton Market: Forecasting and Structural Change, Economic Research Report, September 2009
- Trends In U.S. Cotton Basis Since 2001, Cotton and Wool Outlook special report, June 2009
- The United States and World Cotton Outlook, Agricultural Outlook Forum Presentation, February 2006
- Characteristics and Production Costs of U.S. Cotton Farms, Statistical Bulletin, October 2001
- Factors Affecting the U.S. Farm Price of Upland Cotton, Cotton and Wool Outlook special article, November 1998
- Cotton Backgrounder, Cotton and Wool Outlook special report, March 2007
- Valuing Counter-Cyclical Payments: Implications for Producer Risk Management and Program Administration, Economic Research Report, February 2007
- Cotton: Background and Issues for Farm Legislation, Cotton and Wool Outlook special report, August 2001
- Analysis of the U.S. Commodity Loan Program with Marketing Loan Provisions, Agricultural Economic Report, April 2001
- Supply Response Under the 1996 Farm Act and Implications for the U.S. Field Crops Sector, Technical Bulletin, September 2000
- An Economic Analysis of U.S. Total Fiber Demand and Cotton Mill Demand, Cotton and Wool Outlook special article, November 1999
- Provisions of the Federal Agriculture Improvement and Reform Act of 1996, Agricultural Information Bulletin, September 1996
- The 1996 U.S. Farm Act Increases Market Orientation, Agricultural Information Bulletin, August 1996
- Cotton and Hydropower in Central Asia: How Resource Competition Affects Trade, Economic Information Bulletin, January 2013;
- Economic Policy and Cotton in Uzbekistan, Special Outlook Report, October 2012;
- Brazil's Cotton Industry: Economic Reform and Development, June 2011.
- Fiber Use for Textiles and China's Cotton Textile Exports, Cotton and Wool Outlook special report, March 2009
- China's Cotton Supply and Demand: Issues and Impact on the World Market, Cotton and Wool Outlook special report, November 2007
- Progress and Problems Estimating China's Cotton Supply and Demand, Agricultural Outlook Forum Presentation, March 2007
- U.S. Textile and Apparel Industries and Rural America, Web page, August 2006 (see also the Amber Waves finding, Textile Trade Liberalization Brings Difficulties to Some Rural Communities, September 2006)
- The World Bids Farewell to the Multifiber Arrangement, Amber Waves, February 2006
- Estimating the Raw-Fiber Equivalent of U.S. Cotton Textile and Apparel Imports, Amber Waves, September 2005
- Growth Prospects for India's Cotton and Textile Industries, Cotton and Wool Outlook special report, June 2005
- The Forces Shaping World Cotton Consumption After the Multifiber Arrangement, Cotton and Wool Outlook special report, April 2005
- The Changing World Network of Trade in Textiles and Apparel, Amber Waves, September 2004 (see also the ERS Bilateral Fiber and Textile Trade Database)
- U.S. Cotton and the Appreciation of the Dollar, Agricultural Outlook, April 2002
- Regional Shifts in China's Cotton Production and Use, Cotton and Wool Outlook special article, November 2001
- The Agreement on Textiles and Clothing: Impact on U.S. Cotton, Cotton and Wool Outlook special article, November 2001
- The New Agricultural Trade Negotiations: Background and Issues for the U.S. Cotton Sector, Cotton and Wool Outlook special article, November 2000
- International Trade Agreements Bring Adjustment to the Textile and Apparel Industries, Rural Conditions and Trend Report, June 2000
- The Global Spin on Trade Policy for Cotton, USDA, Foreign Agricultural Service special report, March 2000
- World Cotton Market: A Decade of Change, Agricultural Outlook, December 2000
- U.S. Cotton Production and Textile Imports Weave New Relationship, Agricultural Outlook, November 1998
- China's Cotton Sector Under Stress, Cotton and Wool Outlook special article, November 1998
- U.S. and World Cotton Markets Diverge, Agricultural Outlook, September 1998
U.S. Department of Agriculture
National Agricultural Statistics Service, Publications. Data on U.S. cotton acreage, ginnings, monthly marketings, prices, production, and value.
World Agricultural Outlook Board. Monthly supply and demand estimates for the United States and other countries.
Foreign Agricultural Service, Cotton: World Markets and Trade. Information on world cotton markets and trade.
Farm Service Agency, Commodity Operations. Information on agricultural programs and other commodity information.
Agricultural Marketing Service, Cotton Market News Reports. Weekly cotton market review, cotton quality, and prices.
National Agricultural Library, National Agricultural Library Digital Repository (NALDR). Online browsing of historical ERS Agricultural Economic Reports and Agricultural Information Bulletins.
Other U.S. Government
Bureau of the Census, Consumption on the Cotton System and Stocks. Information on U.S. cotton consumption and stocks.
U.S. Department of Commerce, Office of Textiles and Apparel. Textile agreements, trade data and trade preference programs.
Texas A&M University, Cotton Marketing Planner. Information and educational resources related to cotton.
Texas Tech University, Cotton Economics Research Institute. Cotton economic information in published reports and ongoing research projects.
North Carolina State University, Cooperative Extension, Crop Production: Cotton. Information provided by the Extension Service.
Mississippi State University, Delta Research and Extension Center, Cotton Research. Ongoing cotton research and extension work.
International Cotton Advisory Committee. Information on world cotton supply and use to member countries having an interest in cotton production, consumption, or trade.