U.S. Sugar April 2012
by Stephen Haley
and Alberto Jerardo
Outlook No. (SSSM-284) 25 pp, April 2012
On March 30, 2012, the National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS) published Prospective Plantings, with forecasts included for planted-area intentions for the 2012/13 U.S. sugarbeet crop. Planted area is forecast at 1.241 million acres. While this amount is less than a percentage point above last year’s realized planted area of 1.233 million acres, it is 4.6 percent above last year’s intended area projected in March 2011. With the assumption of normal growing conditions, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) expects an additional 130,000 short tons, raw value (STRV) of beet sugar production to occur before the end of the fiscal year (FY) 2012 for a total of 4.655 million STRV. There were no changes from last month for FY 2012 cane sugar production.
Keywords: Sugar, production, forecast, beet sugar, pounds, cane sugar, tariff rate, fructose, corn, syrup, exports, imports, disappearance
In this publication...
- U.S. Sugar April 2012, 194 kb
- Table 1--Mexico production statistics through April 7 (interim) and end of harvest season (final), 36 kb
- Table 2--Comparison of Mexico sugar and sugarcane forecasts by CNDSCA and USDA in April 2012, 36 kb
- Table 3--Estimated relationship between sweetener per capita (sweet-per-cap) in Mexico and real per capita Gross Domestic Product (GDP-per-cap), 112 kb
- Table 4--U.S. sugar supply and use, by fiscal year (Oct./Sept.), 34 kb
- Table 5--U.S. sugar: supply and use (including Puerto Rico), fiscal years (Oct/Sept.) metric tons, 34 kb
- Table 6--Mexico: sugar production and supply, and sugar and HFCS utilization, 28 kb
- Table A-1--U.S. produced high fructose corn syrup in Mexico , 36 kb
- Table A-2--U.S. high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) supply and use base and alternative formulations, 48 kb
- Table B-1--U.S. Census Bureau corrected Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) 170112 beet sugar exports to Mexico and implications for total refined exports to Mexico and to all other countries, 84 kb
- Table B-2--U.S. sugar exports for fiscal years 2010 and 2011 reported by differing sources, 85 kb
Need help with PDFs?