Rice Outlook: May 2012
by Nathan Childs
Outlook No. (RCS-12e) 32 pp, May 2012
The total supplies of U.S. rice in 2012/13 are projected at 239.0 million hundred weight (cwt), a decline of 6 percent from a year earlier and the smallest since 2000/01. A big decline in carryin and a slightly smaller crop are projected to more than offset higher imports.
Keywords: rice, long grain, medium grain, short grain, exports
In this publication...
- Entire report,
- Table 1—U.S. rice supply and use,
- Table 2—U.S. rice supply and use, by class,
- Table 3—U.S. monthly average farm prices and marketings,
- Table 4—U.S. monthly average farm prices and marketings by class,
- Table 5—USDA-calculated world market rice prices (rough basis),
- Table 6—U.S. commercial rice imports,
- Table 7—U.S. commercial rice exports,
- Table 8 -U.S., Thailand, and Vietnam price quotes,
- Table 9—Global rice producers: 2009/10-2011/12 monthly revisions and annual changes,
- Table 10—Global rice exporters, calendar years 2010-2012; monthly revisions and annual changes,
- Table 11—Global rice importers, calendar years 2010-2012; monthly revisions and annual changes,
Need help with PDFs?