Oil Crops Outlook: April 2012
by Mark Ash
Outlook No. (OCS-12d) 17 pp, April 2012
USDA’s Prospective Plantings report in March indicated that U.S. farmers intend to reduce the acreage sown to soybeans this year by 1.4 percent to 73.9 million acres as expected returns for corn were more attractive. Also, growers intend this spring to increase U.S. sunflowerseed acreage by 17 percent to 1.8 million acres, canola by 45 percent to a U.S.-record 1.56 million acres, and peanuts by 25 percent to 1.4 million acres.
Keywords: Soybean S&D, Soybean meal, soybean oil, cottonseed, cottonseed oil, peanuts, oilseed prices, vegetable meal prices
In this publication...
- Entire report,
- Table 1-Soybeans: Annual U.S. supply and disappearance,
- Table 2-Soybean meal: U.S. supply and disappearance,
- Table 3—Soybean oil: U.S. supply and disappearance,
- Table 4—Cottonseed: U.S. supply and disappearance,
- Table 5-Cottonseed meal: U.S. supply and disappearance,
- Table 6- Cottonseed oil: U.S. supply and disappearance,
- Table 7-Peanuts: U.S. supply and disappearance,
- Table 8-Oilseeds prices received by U.S. farmers,
- Table 9- U.S. vegetable oil and fats prices,
- Table 10-U.S. oilseed meal prices,
Need help with PDFs?