Linking Land Quality, Agricultural Productivity, and Food Security
by Keith Wiebe
Agricultural Economic Report No. (AER-823) 63 pp, June 2003
As rising populations and incomes increase pressure on land and other resources around the world, agricultural productivity plays an increasingly important role in improving food supplies and food security. This report explores the extent to which land quality and land degradation affect agricultural productivity, how farmers respond to land degradation, and whether land degradation poses a threat to productivity growth and food security in developing regions and around the world.
Keywords: land quality, land degradation, soil erosion, agricultural productivity, food security
In this publication...
- Abstract, Acknowledgements,
- Excuetive Summary,
- Old Concerns and New Opportunities ,
- Trends in Food and Resources,
- Land Quality and Agricultural Productivity,
- Farmers Responses to Land Degradation,
- Land Degradation and Food Services,
- Challenges for Research and Policy,
- Entire Report,
Need help with PDFs?