Adoption of Bioengineered Crops
by Jorge Fernandez-Cornejo
and William McBride
Agricultural Economic Report No. (AER-810) 67 pp, May 2002
This report uses USDA survey data to examine the extent to which US farmers have adopted bioengineered crops, factors affecting adoption of these crops, and the impacts of bioengineered crops on input use and farm-level net returns.
Keywords: Biotechnology, technology adoption, genetic engineering, pest management, financial effects, tillage, herbicide-tolerant crops, Bt crops, corn, soybeans, cotton
In this publication...
- Abstract, Acknowledgments, 10 kb
- Contents, 10 kb
- Summary, 15 kb
- Introduction, 18 kb
- The Extent of Adoption of Bioengineered Crops, 589 kb
- Diffusion of Bioengineered Crops, 34 kb
- Factors Affecting the Adoption of Bioengineered Crops, 35 kb
- Microeconomic Impact of Adopting Bioengineered Crops, 31 kb
- Adoption and Pesticide Use, 25 kb
- Conclusions, 13 kb
- References, 36 kb
- Appendix I, 32 kb
- Appendix II, 28 kb
- Appendix III, 24 kb
- Appendix IV, 18 kb
- Entire report, 813 kb
Need help with PDFs?