Farm businesses in some regions are forecast to experience substantial increases in NCFI in 2013 relative to their 2009-2012F averages, while a few regions are expected to experience declines.
- Increases in mixed grain, wheat, and cattle NCFI relative to 2009-2012F favor farm businesses in the Northern Great Plains, Prairie Gateway, and Basin and Range.
- The forecast decline in dairy NCFI is contributing to declining NCFI in the Northern Crescent and Fruitful Rim relative to 2009-2012F averages.
- Declining cotton and rice farm business NCFI is contributing to the expected decrease in NCFI in the Mississippi Portal.
- Large declines in hog farm NCFI and weak gains in corn and soybean farm business NCFI are contributing to the expected decrease in net cash income for Heartland farmers.
- Cattle and poultry gains, relative to 2009-2012F NCFI, are driving the increase in net cash income in the Eastern Uplands and Southern Seaboard.