What is the ERS Distance Learning Program?
The ERS Distance Learning Program links ERS with minority-serving universities and their students to enhance the instruction, understanding, and discussion of food and agricultural policy.
- Leverages ERS expertise in key policy areas;
- Introduces students and faculty to ERS researchers engaged in policy research;
- Increases students' interest in careers in agricultural economics;
- Improves the diversity of faculty and students with policy analysis expertise; and
- Builds stronger relationships and collaborative networks between ERS researchers and minority-serving institutions.
How does the program work?
Each semester, ERS researchers give presentations on timely and policy-relevant topics that broadly cover issues pertaining to food and agricultural policy. The presentations are delivered directly to the classrooms of participating institutions using interactive, real-time technologies. Students interact with ERS researchers by asking questions during the presentation and by giving their own presentations.
Spring 2013 Seminar Schedule: (All seminars will begin at 3:30 p.m. Eastern Standard time)
To register for a seminar, please send an email to Hodan Farah Wells.