The 2002 Farm Bill: Provisions and Economic Implications
by Edwin Young
Administrative Publication No. (AP-022) 117 pp, January 2008
The Farm Security Act of 2002, which governs Federal farm programs for 2002-07, was signed into law on May 13, 2002. This publication presents an overview of the Act and a side-by-side comparison of 1996-2001 farm legislation and the 2002 Act. For selected programs, information is provided to additional analyses of key changes, program overview, and economic implications.
Keywords: Farm act, farm bill, agricultural policy, commodity programs, farm income, risk management, conservation programs, environment, trade policy, agricultural trade, nutrition programs, food assistance, rural development, agricultural research
In this publication...
- Title I: Commodity Programs 1,143 kb
- Title II: Conservation 1,143 kb
- Title III: Trade 1,143 kb
- Title IV: Nutrition Programs 1,143 kb
- Title V: Credit 1,143 kb
- Title VI: Rural Development 1,143 kb
- Title VII: Research and Related Matters 1,143 kb
- Title VIII: Forestry 1,143 kb
- Title IX: Energy 1,143 kb
- Title X: Miscellaneous 1,143 kb
- Details & analysis 1,143 kb
- Background publications 1,143 kb
- Farm policy glossary 1,143 kb
- Entire report 1,143 kb
Need help with PDFs?