The 2002 Farm Bill: Provisions and Economic Implications
by Edwin Young
Administrative Publication No. (AP-022) 117 pp, January 2008
The Farm Security Act of 2002, which governs Federal farm programs for 2002-07, was signed into law on May 13, 2002. This publication presents an overview of the Act and a side-by-side comparison of 1996-2001 farm legislation and the 2002 Act. For selected programs, information is provided to additional analyses of key changes, program overview, and economic implications.
Keywords: Farm act, farm bill, agricultural policy, commodity programs, farm income, risk management, conservation programs, environment, trade policy, agricultural trade, nutrition programs, food assistance, rural development, agricultural research
In this publication...
- Title I: Commodity Programs, 1,143 kb
- Title II: Conservation, 1,143 kb
- Title III: Trade, 1,143 kb
- Title IV: Nutrition Programs, 1,143 kb
- Title V: Credit, 1,143 kb
- Title VI: Rural Development, 1,143 kb
- Title VII: Research and Related Matters, 1,143 kb
- Title VIII: Forestry, 1,143 kb
- Title IX: Energy, 1,143 kb
- Title X: Miscellaneous, 1,143 kb
- Details & analysis, 1,143 kb
- Background publications, 1,143 kb
- Farm policy glossary, 1,143 kb
- Entire report, 1,143 kb
Need help with PDFs?